09 December 2009

A Year for Presidents


This certainly has been the year for me to practice my presidential likenesses. Starting off way back in September of '08 I had a series of three 'founding fathers' portraits for a book cover for Barnes & Noble, which in turn led to a series of 'presidential portraits' for a local wooden toy manufacturer. I used those portraits on a self promotional postcard, which then led to the project I am currently working on. This is a set of presidential caricatures for a Dover publications sticker book. I'm about halfway through, and will post the rest of them later this month.










Earlier this week, I had an 'online usage' artwork assignment for the Chronicle of Higher Education, this one was about college professors and the troubles they experience when having to deal with students who aren't quite ready for college level work.

And to start the week off, I had another of the Wall Street Journal 'health' spots that I've been doing for the past eight years.

The illustration below was one that I had for Barrons this week, and finished up earlier this morning. This was a challenging one, and it took several false starts before I could find a 'treatment' for the octopus skin that I was happy with.

No comments: