22 September 2009

900 Miles


After several weeks of hectic and busy, work has suddenly put on the brakes and left me stalled by the side of the road. So I'm the taking advantage of this brief assignment dry spell by catching up on a few personal projects. Did a holiday mailer image over the weekend, and on monday did a child's portrait for a friend. Worked in a 'pastel' style, which I haven't done in several years. Back when I was first starting out, this was what I had visions of being my 'signature style', but I had no idea at the time how difficult shipping and protecting fragile pastel art could be (or how messy it would make my office for that matter). Of course, digital pastels have none of those problems, but I rarely work this way anymore, even though the digital tools seem to emulate the real thing fairly well.

But if this train runs me right, I'll be home Saturday night,
and I'm 900 miles from my home...
-W.G.

1 comment:

Erin said...

It's so beautiful, and brings a tear to my eye. I'm enamored with my child, and with your rendition of him!