20 January 2009

Wiccans and Trains and Rockets oh my


Several ongoing projects going on concurrently this week. I'm one of several illustrators working on a Wiccan yearbook for Llewellyn (I did a cover illustration for this book a few months back, and I contributed to an earlier edition of this book a year or so ago). These are a few of the pieces I've been doing over the past week for the interior.



Another black and white project that I've been working on over the past week, has been a series of children's wooden blocks. These were for a local toy manufacturer who I did some work for several years ago, and this time, they were looking for some 'counting block' designs. The idea is that these could be stacked side by side (for the train design), or stacked up on top of each other (for the building and/or space rocket). These were quite fun, and an interesting challenge in keeping them consistent and yet individualistic. When these start hitting the stores, I'll be sure and post a link, as they'd make nice gifts for younger children.




No comments: