03 November 2008

October Wrapup


One of the more interesting illustration assignments I had over the past week or so, was an assignment for Barrons about hedge fund managers. I haven't had a Barrons assignment since early in the year, so it was nice to work with them again. For some reason, a lot of my favorite illustrations of the past few years have been for this client. This was an interesting one, in that I did this one completely without taking reference photos, and the figures turned out quite nice.

Over the weekend, I had an assignment for the Far Eastern Economic Review in Hong Kong. This was another travelogue assignment. I also had a puzzle page assignment for Highlights come due earlier in the week, and despite the cartoon style, this one was quite labor intensive. The actual layout has these groups of three panels side by side, but I have split up the layout to show more of the small details. Using visual clues, you are supposed to put these six panels in chronological order.


Been doing quite a bit of this cartoon style over the past month, as I had a larger assignment from Adventure House publishers for an upcoming textbook. Many small spot illustrations on various topics (I've posted a few samples of the previous batch earlier in October), and may post a few samples from the second half of the month later on.

No comments: