15 February 2006

Oscar Poster 2006


For the past few years, I have been drawing a commemorative Academy Award poster for my brother's annual 'Oscar Party' in Chicago, and printing up a nice big copy of it for him to frame. I usually try to include each of the major nominees in all the acting categories, as well as squeezing in a director or two, a documentary if it is well known, and a small nod to the animated features. It is usually a logistical challenge trying to fit everything in, and takes a lot of research, especially on the faces of little known 'supporting actor' nominees. I generally have a lot of fun with these things, and it is nice to keep in practice with my caricature skills, which only occasionally get called upon in my day to day projects.

These posters are available as large quality prints (18 x 20 if I remember correctly), and signed by the artist (contact me for details). Click on the image to see a larger, detailed version.

Managed to see a lot of the nominated films this year prior to the awards: Capote, Walk the Line, Transamerica (which I loved), Cinderella Man, Good Night and Good Luck, Syriana, Crash, Brokeback Mountain, King Kong - - and then caught up with a few more after the awards; History of Violence, Hustle and Flow, Squid and the Whale, Constant Gardener, Pride and Predjudice, Junebug

All the posters in this series:
annual oscar poster 2014 (2013)
annual oscar poster 2013 (2012)
annual oscar poster 2012 (2011)
annual oscar poster 2011 (2010)
annual oscar poster 2010 (2009) (in 3-D!)
annual oscar poster 2009 (2008)
annual oscar poster 2008 (2007)
annual oscar poster 2007 (2006)
annual oscar poster 2006 (2005)
annual oscar poster 2005 (2004)

No comments: