20 August 2004

South Haven


After a fretful summer taking my Father back and forth to the doctor and in and out of the hospital trying to figure out what this 'mystery illness' was that he was afflicted with, we finally found the culprit and began a plan of action. He had a rare blood cancer called Multiple Myeloma, and we decided that the best thing for him would be to live down in South Haven at my sister's summer home (a ranch, all on one floor, quiet and not too far from a hospital), and since I had the job that was the most flexible, I would move down there for the duration of the chemo treatments, and to nurse him back into some semblance of mobility and self reliance. This would last approximately from mid August until December of 04.

In the meantime, I still had work to do. Another of my long running 'bible stories' assignments were coming due in August - about 25 or so odd drawings depicting various bible scenes and activities for the Christian Reformed Church's school curriculum. I'll be posting samples of these in a separate entry.

Also, around this time, I had another of my semi-regular 'puzzle' illustrations for Oddysey magazine (Cobblestone). I don't remember the topic of this one, but it appears to be more in the line of a 'story puzzle' in which I was just asked to illustrate the main characters of the story.

No comments: