16 April 2003

The Usual Suspects


Above is a rather unusual assignment from one of my east coast newspaper clients. This accompanied a story about education for the lifestyle section of the paper, and while the concept was provided to me by the editors, I had a lot of fun doing a fairly realistic treatment of the hand holding the chalk. One of my better hands, if I don't say so myself.


Then, for my national newspaper client, I had the monthly dose of 'health care' spots for a regular column that I contribute drawings to. The topics this month were; ADD coaching for adults; zit creams; eating pasta for weight loss; and some sort of medical scanning equipment.

I had a couple pieces about the Iraq war, for a couple different clients, and on a couple different 'fronts'. The one above was for a legal newspaper, and was a story about the soldiers' difficulties telling apart the civilians from the insurgents in the Iraq war zone. And the illustration to the left was something to do with war and patriotism as it had to do with employment, although for the life of me, I can't quite remember what the slant of this particular story was about.

Also, this month, I had a piece for an educational publisher, a straightforward image of the supreme court building, one that could be used at several different sizes in future issues of the publication, as they planned on having articles about supreme court decisions come up from time to time, and wanted a sort of 'recognizable image' that could tie the articles together.

No comments: