21 December 2002

Holiday Spots


The above color spot illustration was for my national newspaper client and accompanied an article about the wild ride that a certain company's stocks had over the course of the year. The piece to the left was probably about retirement 'nest eggs', although I don't really remember exactly the angle of the story. A fun piece though, and the egg came out nice.

I also had another piece for the same client having something to do with the holiday shopping season (the melting snowman, pictured below)


Also, for the same client were a trio of 'health care' spots that I do every week for a regular column. The topics this month were; exercising for bone health, tooth coating, and quitting smoking for new years.

Another piece for the same client in December, was this 'percent sign' illustration below and to the right.

I had a few assignments from other semi-regular clients in December, including the 'armed forces' recruiting station picture below for an east coast newspaper client, a 'snoozing dean' for my educational publication client (also pictured below), and a fiction piece for my long time 'mystery digest' client (this one involved a notorious criminal that gets recognized at an old age home by a young television reporter).



I also landed an assignment from a new client this month, a large east coast newspaper that wanted a black and white editorial piece on 'internet espionage'. A few other assignments came my way from the same client over the next several years, but they are far and few between.

No comments: