01 February 2002

Color Scratchboard Work for February


I had my first assignment from a new corporate client this month for their investor newsletter. Not my first actual assignment (that was last month), but the first of these quarterly newsletters that would become steady work for the next 5 years or so. These were usually quite similar to each other, and it is always a challenge trying to find a new conceptual angle on the same topics. The first is usually a 'forecast' type story (what to expect in the coming quarter for your investment dollars), then there would be articles about 'estate planning', different investment options, investment tools, etc that would need smaller spot illustrations.


I've had a lot of interesting illustrations come out of this client over the years, but the nature of the usage agreement only allows me to post them here after five years have passed. I'll be posting more of these in the future as the time window expires.

I also had an assignment in February from my east coast newspaper client, something for the lifestyle section about 'online gardening sites'. Once again the old Apple G-3 makes an appearance. (pictured below)

I also had a great deal of work for the ongoing 'bible stories' project that I've been working on for a local religious organization. I'm not bothering to post those illustrations quite yet, but may go through and pick out some good samples to post at a later date.

I also had an assignment from a client that I hadn't heard from in quite a while, a midwest special interest magazine. This one was dealing with 'grief counseling groups'.

No comments: