03 November 2001

Additional November Assignments


The above illustration was for a legal magazine client. I don't quite remember the angle of the story, but it was a nice finished piece. I kept it rather loose, so I didn't have to worry too much about drawing all these difficult objects (planes, buildings, cars, semi trucks - all my least favorite topics squeezed into a single image).

The illustration below was for a children's version of a large national magazine. This was to accompany a short article about 'different occupations'.


The 'medals of valor' illustration above was for a catholic magazine in November. Below is a rather strange illustration for another of my children's magazine clients. A rare chance to draw a portrait of Britney Spears combined with floating heads of Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison and other various historic figures (I forget who the rest of them were). I really don't remember what this drawing was about, and it is probably just as well (I think she's supposed to be 'juggling' the heads).


The above illustration was for my east coast newspaper client, and was about preparing for Thanksgiving. I see I've included my cat Ripley in this one (don't know who the dog is, but it is unusual for me not to have included my own dog).
Below is another illustration I don't quite remember all that clearly, other than the fact that it was for a jesuit publication.

No comments: