25 June 2001

Maps etc



A trio of maps this month for my children's publication client. One of them for a history magazine that included a bunch of small vignettes on the revolutionary war, and then an all purpose mediterranean map that I forget what purpose it served. Below was a historical map of the port of Alexandria (which may or may not have been part of the 'mediterranean' assignment).

Also this month, for my regular 'puzzle page' gig for the science publication (same client), I had a rather complex drawing and series of small spots having something to do with animals inside of bubbles (I seem to remember that the client was going to place the small spots somewhere within the large bubble).

This month marked the end of my working relationship with my 'agent'. I had been taking assignments off and on through this local agent for the past 7 or 8 years. I didn't mind the work that she brought my way, but I was able to generate much more on my own, and without the 30 percent cut. The past few years of our working relationship was pretty much confined to a single regional magazine client out of Detroit, with black and white cartoon images similar to the one pictured below.

I also had an assignment for a local religious organization this month, a 'sticker sheet' of bible characters and misc items that would no doubt be part of some activity for their sunday school curriculum.

No comments: