25 April 2001

April Showers



Some unusual assignments this month piqued my interest, and resulted in a trio of some of my year's best work. The illustration above and below (the gun, and the library) were both for the same new special interest magazine client that contacted me this month with a pair of full page assignments. I had done one other assignment for them earlier in the year, and these first three assignments for this client were rather interesting, but gradually the assignments would become less so over the coming years.

The 'urn' pictured at left, was for my east coast newspaper client, and this was something to do with a certain ethnic music festival that they were doing a special section on. I had a lot of fun emulating the style of this particular historical relic, but with updated musical designs. A little different than my usual fare, and my creative juices enjoyed the variety.

No comments: