25 August 2000

Parenting Cartoons


Had a lot of 'parenting' related cartoon work in August. The piece above, and the companion piece to the left, were for my east coast newspaper client, and had to do with packing, moving, something like that, in relation to kids in some way (getting harder and harder to remember some of these topics, nearly 8 years ago now). The larger one above was one of those fun ones that I like to do, where I can make it real busy and hide a lot of details throughout the illustration.

I also had a few small illustrations for our local regional parenting magazine, one on 'grandparents' (right), and another one having to do with 'baby auditions' for child actors and models (below left).


I had an assignment for three illustrations this month for a national parenting magazine (I think this one was for the 'spanish' version of the magazine), having to do with computers and kids, and software, and other related topics. It is amazing how quickly these 'computer' illustrations are already looking a bit dated. I used my G3 as the model for most of my illustrations during this time, and while it looked quite modern and snazzy at the time, it is starting to look a little bulky and retro to my eyes now (can't wait to see how I was drawing computers back in the 90s).

No comments: