18 July 2000

Book Harvest


The above illustration was for a jesuit publication in July. This was a cover illustration for a special issue entitled the 'fall book harvest'. I had a lot of fun with this one, despite the fact that it was rather time consuming and at times monotonous in the execution.
Another full page assignment is pictured below, this one for a midwest legal magazine. Not a particularly interesting concept or design (requested by the client), but I tried to make it as interesting as I could in the technique and colors.


The above spot illustration was for an east coast legal newspaper, having something to do with a conflict between the supreme court and congress (I don't remember the story exactly).

Below is another 'food illustration' for my east coast newspaper client. This one having to do with a form of Scottish potato pancakes.


Finally I had a rather text heavy concept to illustrate for a catholic magazine this month. I wasn't crazy about this one, but it surprised me by prompting a reprint request a month later for another publication. Hey, what do I know?

No comments: