20 June 2000

Atypical Styles


I continue to experiment with the 'painterly' style, the above illustration for a 'recipe' feature in an east coast newspaper (the author whipping up a microwave dinner for her construction crew), and the illustration below for an evangelical women's magazine.

Similar in style, but for a black and white publication was the illustration below. This was for one of my children's magazine publishers, for their 'teen' poetry/prose magazine, and this one accompanied a poem about a pear tree.


Another 'running' themed illustration for a new client, this one done in a colored pencil medium (but approached as if I was doing my old 'pastel style'). I wasn't too happy about how this turned out, I probably would have benefitted from better reference material, and a stronger layout.

Below is a small spot illustration that I did for one of my children's magazines this month, working in a combination of watercolors and colored pencils, but with a bit more of a 'realistic' style. Always fun to draw dinosaurs, wish I got the chance more often.

No comments: