08 August 1999

August Scratchboard Assignments


I had another series of illustrations this month for my west coast magazine client. These were usually made up of one larger color illustration followed by a series of smaller black and white spots on a similar theme. The topic this month was creativity (if I remember correctly).


I had an assignment from a children's lit magazine this month. This trio of illustrations was to accompany a story about a long time relationship between a teacher and a troubled student (tied together with a 'basketball' theme).


Also this month, for a different children's magazine client I had a couple illustrations depicting the childhood of a famous revolutionary war figure (I don't remember exactly which one - Benedict Arnold perhaps?)

Below is a 'real estate' illustration for a midwest legal magazine, and below that is a 'computer' illustration for my educational publication client. I don't quite remember the story behind either one of these illustrations.


The illustration to the left was another for the same midwest legal magazine client. Not my favorite subject to draw (modern buildings), and it shows.

Below are a few 'tail end' assignments for a national corporate client's project that I started the previous month. These were all images of kids messing around on oversized musical staves and notations. I wasn't too crazy about the concept but tried to do my best with it.

No comments: