16 December 1998

Shadows


The illustrations in this posting were another in a series of assignments I did for Innovision (Critical Care Nurse) during '98 and '99. These usually involved a larger color cover illustration, and a series of smaller black and white spots for the inside on a similar theme. This month the concept was 'shadows', and I was pretty pleased overall with how these turned out. Sometimes with this project I am happy with either the cover illustration or the inside spots, but rarely was I ever happy with how the entire package worked together, and this one was an exception in this regard. Overall, though, I wish I'd gone a bit further with the 'shadow' ideas on some of them. The 'acorn/tree' and the 'shadow/hug' being examples of the better concepts, while the others were much less inventive.