23 July 1998

Presidents


The above illustration (and one of the rare times I've done a likeness of Ronald Reagan) was for Legal Times in July. I also had a series of small 'president head' spots for Cobblestone Publishing. They wanted to dress up the rather stale portraits with something a bit more 'energetic', so I played around with some design elements to try and jazz them up a bit. The 'design elements' were then used by themselves with a big question mark in the middle for a quiz, something along the lines of 'name that president'. A bit out of character for me, and something I rarely ever did again, but anyways, the portraits came out pretty nice (and I saved another version of each president's head as a black and white version without all the window dressing).

And, while strictly not a 'president', but more along the lines of a 'king', I had the following quickie cartoon for Grand Rapids Magazine (I don't remember the gist of the article, though).