03 March 1998

March Funnies


The above 'paperboy' illustration was for Metro Creative Graphics, a clip art firm that I had been doing a lot of work for over the past 5 years. I only did a couple illustrations for this client after switching over to working digitally, not sure why, as I thought the pieces after the change were looking a lot better than those before, and were easier to deliver to the client. Perhaps there were just some changes going on in the company I was unaware of. One of the unfortunate things about working for this company in the 'pre digital' days, was the fact that this client never returned original art, and I have a lot of work that I did for them that I have little or no memory of doing, and didn't keep copies for myself or my records of any of the work that I did over the years. Every once in a while I'll see what looks like one of my illustrations on a flyer or brochure, but I'll have no memory of drawing it, or cannot even be certain that it IS one of my illustrations.

The illustration above was for Interpretor magazine, as was the image below.

I also had a few black and white cartoons for Gemini Publications (Grand Rapids Magazine), both for their 'parenting' publication.