12 February 1998

Unpublished Work


From time to time I take some of my rejected sketches and finish them up just for practice's sake, and in the off chance that they may find homes elsewhere on the reprint market. The illustration above started life as an alternate sketch idea for a story on retirement for National Business Employment Weekly back in the fall of '97. I finished up the sketch in January of '98 along with the unpublished work below, which was an alternate sketch for Legal Times in December.


In February, I finished up a couple more rejected sketches. The 'money house' above was a rejected sketch for Newsday, and the 'computer' illustration below was originally one of the sketch ideas for the Chronicle of Higher Education.


In April and May, I also finished up a couple other orphaned sketches (above and below), although I don't quite remember who the original client was in each of these cases.