25 December 1997

BW Scratchboards Part II


The large illustration above and the 5 small spot illustrations to the left and below, were all for the Chronicle of Higher Education in December. The small spots were all for an article on noise pollution, and the larger illustration was something to do with housing or architectural design. I'm still struggling with the 'larger illustration' assignments, learning how to best work on an illustration when you can only see a portion of it at a time when working at 100 percent.


The illustration above and the one below were both for US Catholic. These were the first digital assignments that I did for this particular client. I had been doing traditional media illustrations since my second year in business ('90), although I think it had been a while since this client had called me at this point.