10 October 1997

October Odds n Ends


The illustration above was the cover of a special automobile supplement for Newsday. This was one of several of these annual covers I would do over the next three or four years for this client, and was the first one that I did digitally (I seem to remember doing one more in the pre-digital days, but I'll have to double check that). I'm getting a little more confident with my 'color' work on the computer, but still haven't settled down into a comfortable methodology.

The pair of illustrations below were for Cricket magazine. This was the first digital assignment that I did for this long time client (the first assignment coming in my first year of business back in '89), and the first assignment I'd gotten from them after a long hiaitus (a year or more).



I also had a few cartoon assignments this month. The illustration above was for Metro Creative Graphics, who I had been doing much work for over the previous 5 years. All of the work for this client previously is MIA. Artwork was never returned, so this is one of the rare surviving examples of the mountain of clip art work that I did for Metro, thanks to digital backup. The illustration to the left was a rather strange combination of cartoon and scratchboard and was for my agent, for Metro Parent magazine, as was the 'Mother Goose at a computer' illustration below.