17 January 1996

Children's Book Project


Had a book project this month for a fairly well known children's author. This was for a series of 'young reader vocabularly' paperbacks, and was technically a job through my agent (for Quarasan Publishing), although the job actually came about through some networking that my brother did in Chicago, through a restaurant he was working in at the time (where he met the author). None of the original art was returned at the end of the project, and the only original I have from the book was an early sample version that I had done that never got used (the 'bathroom scene' below). The rest of the samples posted here are scans made from a complimentary copy of the book I have from my collection.

Used copies of the book can still be found on Amazon for very reasonable rates (link here)