15 December 1994

Acrylics


The above illustration for the Christian Reformed Church was for a magazine article, something about 'seeing through the fog', if I remember correctly. I had done a few acrylics before, mostly as self promo pieces, trying to sell a new style that was similar to the light pastel look, but more durable for mailing. This was one of the earlier paying jobs with this style though. I ended up taking this painting with me to Minnesota the following summer to sell the idea of doing the next book project in acrylics.

I also had another batch of small black and white spot illustrations for Marriage Partnership (Christianity Today) this month. I don't quite remember the specific topics, but this was usually for a 'men's issues' column that I contributed to for a couple of years.