15 May 1994

Spring Spots

These spots were for a regular column I was illustrating for Marriage Partnership magazine (Christianity Today). These went with small 'factoids' geared towards their male readers, and since the invoices don't always give me enough of a description to pinpoint when specific spots were published, I'm just guessing on which to include here by way of example. These may have been from '94, or they very well may have been from '93 or '92.

I've decided to bunch them all together here in this post rather than spread them out month by month. I had spot assignments (usually 3 at a time) from this client in May, in March, and in January, and they can all be found here.

Also this month, I got a first assignment from Sign of the Times magazine, another evangelical publication out in Idaho. They would go on to be an infrequent regular during the mid to late 90s.


I'm not sure why I chose to use this unusual style for these spots, perhaps it was because the first assignment I had for them was a caricature assignment, and I just naturally stuck with it on subsequent jobs. These were done with a rapideograph, my art tool of choice back in my 'graphic art' days in the 80s.