13 January 1994

A Job from an Old Employee


I got a call from an old employee from back in the print shop days of the mid-eighties. This was for The Messenger magazine (a Baptist mouthpiece publication) that he was working for as Designer on a freelance basis. I thought it odd that he would call me with this assignment, as he was a fairly decent illustrator himself (perhaps he just didn't have the time to do it). There were two illustrations, and one of them I liked well enough that I used it as a promotional postcard later in the year.

Also picked up a couple new clients this month; Black Enterprise, Alaska Magazine, and The Interpretor (another religious magazine, out of Memphis). Got a few repeat jobs from Alaska over the next few years, and the Interpretor would stay on as an infrequent client through most of the 90s.