15 September 1992

More cartoon spots


These were all spot illustrations that were done for the Worldwide Church of God, although I don't have a clear picture of when exactly they were done. I worked for this client anywhere from 1990 to 1994. If I had to guess, the 'dog scratching at the door' illustration above was probably nearer the end of the period, and the two spots to the left and below were both from sometime in the middle (around '92).

You can usually 'date' the cartoon illustrations by how big the noses are on the characters, and how skinny the legs and arms are. The line tended to be more purposefully 'wiggly' near the beginning, as I was probably emulating the style of some other artists whose art I was attracted to, and when I started getting more self confident, I began to find my own linework style.