15 December 1991

blah blah blah


These are a couple more illustrations for the Worldwide Church of God's 'Youth 91' magazine. Both rather strange in concept, and I'm surprised to see so many of these early cartoon illustrations utilizing words and word balloons in various ways. I couldn't find the exact date of either of these drawings, but judging from the style and technique, I'd say that the one above was probably sometime in 1990 and the one below was probably in '91 (the characters seem a bit cruder looking in the above example - the emphasis on big scary looking teeth which I eventually abandoned). Another anthropological indicator that I'm noticing in the evolution of my 'cartoon people', they all seem to lack any sort of hearing apparatus, and over time these develop into tiny 'buds', and then eventually grow into full fledged 'ears'.